Sunday, November 23, 2014

Securing your financial future!




America is known as the land of opportunity but opportunity doesn't come without risk and obligations. Of no fault of their own many people found themselves in severe financial hardship after the market collapse of 2007. The financial hardship was followed by a landslide of foreclosures many which could have been prevented. I live in Miami and unlike LA and New York, South Florida was severely impacted by the financial and foreclosure crisis.

Many people don't realize that bankruptcy laws are put in place to protect and not penalize those facing financial difficulties. It was not until I consulted a Hialeah bankruptcy attorney then I realized that filing bankruptcy was more of a blessing than a burden. I think the mistakes that I’ve made were seeking the help of General Counsel rather than that of a Miami foreclosure defense attorney.

It did not take long for banks to realize that foreclosing on a property was not only expensive but then after acquiring the property there was no one there to buy it! It is in this instance were a seasoned bankruptcy attorney in Miami comes into play.

Via my attorney I was able to accomplish several things. For one put a stop to the foreclosure process. This was done by filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Second, this force my none responding lender to come to the table and renegotiate the terms of the loan in a way that not only I can afford the payments but they can get their money. These guys are not stupid at the end of the day all day one just their money. I just wish I would've gotten this type of help a year ago. I think the problem lies with the lack of information and in some cases bad information surrounding bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is not a death sentence but rather laws that have been put in place to give those in financial hardship a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment